Long Island Medical and Estate Planning Attorneys
As members of a New York family age, pressing questions such as the following are better addressed sooner than later:
- What will happen when Dad gets so sick he needs to go to a nursing home?
- How will we choose the best nursing home for him and for the family?
- When and how can we ensure our parents' Medicaid eligibility?
- How can family assets be preserved despite the overwhelming cost of nursing home care?
- What about when our parents' home needs to be sold? Will we need a special real estate lawyer?
- What will happen if our parents are unable to speak for themselves due to medical crises? How will we know what their health care preferences are if their quality of life is rapidly diminishing?
- How will the estate be handled as each parent passes on?
Grabie & Grabie, LLP, Attorneys at Law help multiple generations in New York families craft solutions to these and other elder law problems in Smithtown and neighboring communities on Long Island including Huntington, Stony Brook, Hauppauge, Islip, Babylon, and Commack, in the counties of Nassau and Suffolk. Contact us to schedule a consultation with a Medicaid and estate planning attorney to review your family's present and future needs with regard to health and financial elder care, Medicaid planning, estate planning, wills, trusts, and estate and probate administration.
Innovative New York Elder Law Attorneys on the Cutting Edge
At Grabie & Grabie, LLP, Attorneys at Law, we are a caring, knowledgeable, service-intensive law firm who are on the cutting edge of elder law issues. We help our clients take advantage of innovative methods of asset protection such as pooled trusts run by charities which allow elders to remain in their homes and out of nursing homes longer. We teach continuing education courses in elder law areas to other legal professionals. We are involved in state government before changes in these areas are signed into law, and we advise our clients accordingly.
At the same time, we are personally involved at critical turning points in our clients' lives. When it is time to choose a nursing home, we are at the hospital advocating for our clients' best interests. When a social service home evaluation takes place, we are there. When it is time to establish a legal guardianship for a loved one, we are there. So that we may be there for you, contact us to schedule an extensive review of your family's present and future elder law needs.
P.S. Terry Schiavo's case reminds us all that it's never too early for any adult to plan for future health care and financial needs.